Dinesh Arun Kumbhare
Dr. Dinesh Arun Kumbhare MD, MSc, FRCP (C)
Associate Clinical Professor, Medicine/Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Rheumatology
My research involves projects carried out within the St. Joseph’s Centre for Acute Injury Rehabilitation and collaborative studies with researchers at other laboratories.
The main theme of my research is on the development of measurement methods for musculoskeletal injuries leading to methods of enhancing neuromuscular recovery.
Selected Publications (over last 3 years)
- Lord HL, Rosenfeld J, Volovich F, Kumbhare D, Parkinson W. Determination of malondialdehhyde in human serum by fully automated solid phase analytical derivation. J Chromatography, In Press.
- Kumbhare D, Parkinson W, Dunlop RB, Richards C, Kerr C, Buckley N. Comparison of Serum Interleukin-6 and Creatine Kinase Concentrations For Measuring Muscle Injury in Lumbar Decompression Surgery. The Journal of Orthopedic Research, In Press.
- Kumbhare D, Parkinson W, Dunlop RB. Validity of serum creatine kinase for measuring muscle injury in lumbar surgery. Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, 2008;21(1):49-54.
- Kumbhare D, Parkinson W, Dunlop B, Denkers M, Ryan E, Shah A, Bobbo R, Adachi J. Biochemical measurement of muscle injury created by low back surgery. Clinical and Investigative Medicine, 2007;30(1):12-20.
- Mathoo JMR, Becker L, Kumbhare DA, Adachi JD, Therapeutic Advances in the Treatment of Osteoporosis. Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents, March 2007, 17(3), p277-285.
- Zaraiskaya T, Kumbhare DA, Noseworthy N, DiffusionTensor Imaging in Evaluation of Human Skeletal Muscle Injury, J Magn Reson Imaging, 24, 402, 2006
- Bobba R, Adachi J, Kumbhare DA, Parkinson W. Tolerability of Different Bisphosphonate Dosing Regimens of Bisphosphonates for Both the Treatment of Osteoporosis and Malignant Bone Disease. Drug Safety, 2006; 29(12): 1133-52.
- Kumbhare DA, Balsor B, Parkinson W, Harding P, Papaioannou A, Bedard M, Adachi J. Measurement of cervical flexor endurance. Disability and Rehabilitation 2005;27(14):801-807.
- Kumbhare DA, Decision Making and Outcomes in Sports Rehabilitation, W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia, May 2000, editor.
- Kumbhare DA, Decision Making and Outcomes in Sports Rehabilitation, W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia, May 2000, author of three chapters: "Appraisal of Alternative Treatment Methods in Sports", "The Pediatric Athlete" and "Lower back pain"